Pre-school – Kindergarten
Liturgy of the word for Children (ages 3-6)
This celebration takes places on the weekend, September thru April during the same time the adults are celebrating their Liturgy of the Word during Mass at 10 am Sundays. This presentation of the Gospel is for children currently in Pre-school and Kindergarten.
Teens and lay adults lead this celebration. For more information contact the Faith Formation Office.
Vacation Bible School
An opportunity for children to have fun with Jesus during the summertime!
- Last week of June
- For children from ages 3 to 10
- 4th of July Parade
For more information contact the Faith Formation Office.
Elementary (grades K - 6)
Pflaum Gospel Weeklies
- Each small group session is led by a catechist/facilitator.
- The students gather weekly (1 hour and 15 minutes) most weeks from fall to spring.
- Sessions are held Mondays or Tuesdays 4:30 pm and 6:15 pm and Wednesdays 4:30 pm
- Parents are invited to attend scheduled events
- Gospel Weeklies is a method of instruction that integrates faith formation lessons with the life of the parish community experienced in the Sunday Eucharist. The entire family can easily share in the learning because all children are studying lessons based on the same Gospel proclaimed in church on Sunday. For more details on Pflaum Gospel Weeklies visit http://www.pflaumweeklies.com/parents/. To receive "Gospel At Home" Sign Up here.
Middle School (grades 7 - 8)
A unique Journey of Faith designed with adolescents in mind.
Small group sessions held bi-monthly on Wednesdays or Thursdays, fall to spring.
Confirmation normally is a two-year preparation period and the celebration of the sacrament takes place in the spring of the second year. Canteen is a newsletter created for the Candidates preparing to celebrate the Sacrament of Confirmation with the help of their Catechists.
Confirmation enriches the baptized with the strength of the Holy Spirit so that they can better witness to Christ in word and deed (Catechism of the Catholic Church [CCC], no. 1285). Anointed by the Holy Spirit at Confirmation, Christians strengthen their bond with the Church and become better equipped to carry out the Church’s mission of love and service. Confirmation: Strengthened by the Spirit, Called to Action. Read More . . .
St. Mary Our Lady of the Snows, 2nd year Middle School Confirmation Candidates must attend a retreat. There are several retreats offered in 2017 including: Howell, NET Ministries and Subiaco.
If you have missed a session & need to complete one of the Confirmation Sacramental Prep Enrichment Exercises please go here.
Kids Against Hunger
Kids against Hunger is a non-profit organization whose mission is to provide fully nutritious food to impoverished children around the world and around the corner. Food packages are a rice-soy casserole filled with a protein and nutrient-rich formula that reverses the starvation process. See Calendar for more details.